This thing has really been a bitch. First, Access Management Console wasn’t actually modifying the configuration of the web interface, so I had to manually edit the \Inetpub\wwwroot\Citrix\AccessPlatform\conf\WebInterface.conf file.

Secondly, even before i got to that point, I found that ASP.net was causing some issues. Mainly, I got a 503 error when trying to access the site. Here’s the solution that worked for me:

Of course, make sure you have .net 2 installed. If you have, or at any point had v1 and/or v3 installed, you will probably have to do this:

In cmd,

cd %windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\  (version might be slightly different)

De-register all versions of .net from IIS

aspnet_regiis -ua

Register this version(v2) with iis:

aspnet_regiis -r

then, iisreset

That’s it.

Now, for the third issue. Everything seemed to work fine, configuration is picked up, the farm is being contacted, but none of the applications would run. First, I got “An error has occurred while connecting to the requested resource” error. Then after changing PooledSockets from On to Off, the error message disappeared, but the apps still wouldn’t open. After some troubleshooting, I found the solution to be, as usual, pretty simple, and left me wondering how come Citrix installer couldn’t do it on its own. I compared IIS config to our existing server, and found that I needed to make 1 entry:

In IIS config, go to Properties of   Web Sites > Default Web Site (or whatever you’re using) > Citrix > Access Platform. In Virtual Directory tab, click on Configuration, and find .ica extension. For me, it wasn’t there. I had to add it with C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_isapi.dll as executable,and GET,HEAD,POST,DEBUG under “Limit to”.

And, we’re done!

An error has occurred while connecting to the requested resource