Warning: Illegal string offset 'lang' in /home/kvantum/blog.kvantum.ca/wp-content/plugins/keyword-statistics/keyword-statistics.php on line 353

Warning: Illegal string offset 'keywords' in /home/kvantum/blog.kvantum.ca/wp-content/plugins/keyword-statistics/keyword-statistics.php on line 354

Warning: Illegal string offset 'description' in /home/kvantum/blog.kvantum.ca/wp-content/plugins/keyword-statistics/keyword-statistics.php on line 356

Posts Tagged ‘fixed’

XBMC killed by kernel update on Acer Revo

So I recently installed XBMC on my new media pc. I used XBMC live cd to install it to the hard drive, and after setting everything up and making sure everything is working fine, I decided to run the updates. That’s when the fun started.

First, XBMC wouldn’t start. Startx still worked, but launching XBMC produced an error: Fatal: glXCreateContext failed

Some reading suggested adding some ModulePath lines into Section “Files” of xorg.conf, but that didn’t fix the problem. So I figured, since the kernel was updated, maybe the nvidia driver patched the kernel, and the new kernel got rid of the patch. So, downloaded the nvidia ion driver, v190.53, and installed it. Reboot – now X won’t start at all. Awesome

But, solution was easy. Looking through Xorg log I found that X couldn’t find /lib/modules/2.6.31-16-generic/updates/dkms/nvidia.ko . I was able to search for the file, and a simple symlink fixed the problem. So…

cd /lib/modules/2.6.31-16-generic/updates/dkms/

ln -s /lib/modules/2.6.31-16-generic/kernel/drivers/video/nvidia.ko nvidia.ko

Fixed!!!

Edit: 2.6.31-16 should obviously be replaced with the current version of the kernel

Furthermore, looks like this happens every time the kernel is updated, which means nvidia driver reinstall to re-patch the kernel

Citrix Web Interface 4.6 install on 2k3

This thing has really been a bitch. First, Access Management Console wasn’t actually modifying the configuration of the web interface, so I had to manually edit the \Inetpub\wwwroot\Citrix\AccessPlatform\conf\WebInterface.conf file.

Secondly, even before i got to that point, I found that ASP.net was causing some issues. Mainly, I got a 503 error when trying to access the site. Here’s the solution that worked for me:

Of course, make sure you have .net 2 installed. If you have, or at any point had v1 and/or v3 installed, you will probably have to do this:

In cmd,

cd %windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\  (version might be slightly different)

De-register all versions of .net from IIS

aspnet_regiis -ua

Register this version(v2) with iis:

aspnet_regiis -r

then, iisreset

That’s it.

Now, for the third issue. Everything seemed to work fine, configuration is picked up, the farm is being contacted, but none of the applications would run. First, I got “An error has occurred while connecting to the requested resource” error. Then after changing PooledSockets from On to Off, the error message disappeared, but the apps still wouldn’t open. After some troubleshooting, I found the solution to be, as usual, pretty simple, and left me wondering how come Citrix installer couldn’t do it on its own. I compared IIS config to our existing server, and found that I needed to make 1 entry:

In IIS config, go to Properties of   Web Sites > Default Web Site (or whatever you’re using) > Citrix > Access Platform. In Virtual Directory tab, click on Configuration, and find .ica extension. For me, it wasn’t there. I had to add it with C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_isapi.dll as executable,and GET,HEAD,POST,DEBUG under “Limit to”.

And, we’re done!

An error has occurred while connecting to the requested resource

Return top